Saturday, September 5, 2015

Beginning of a Journey

Welcome to my new blog! My name is Abbi, and I created this blog to document my journey as a private genealogist.

A little background information on me... I'm a stay-at-home mom to the sweetest 6 month old girl and I absolutely love being home with her all day. Before she came along, I taught high school English and Social Studies for the past three years. History was my main focus in school and it's become an intense passion for me in recent years, especially the field of genealogy. I've been working on my own family's genealogy for about a decade now, but was slacking the past couple years with graduating college and starting my teaching career. Now that I have more time at home, I've been thinking of what interests I could start pursuing again that have been put on the back burner for the past several years.

Now for what I'm doing... Since our family is now down to one income with me staying at home, and the need I feel to do something related with history, I decided to be a personal genealogist. This allows me to work on my own family history as well as other people's genealogy to bring in a little extra income. I can not WAIT to uncover a person's history and give them new insight into themselves and their families.

Thanks for your interest in my journey, and I hope you learn some new stuff along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment