Wednesday, March 9, 2016

New Challenge - A 20 Year Old Prenup

So it's been a couple months since I posted anything and that is because I haven't had a client needing any research. Recently though, I have acquired a new client and they have me researching for something other than genealogy. They are looking for a lost 20 year old prenup and the attorney they had used when drafting it. This is quite a challenge and I am loving the feeling of detective as I research. It appears that most of the research I need to do must be done in person and on-site, so that is also exciting and different than most of my research. So far, I have two places with significant leads; the county courthouse and the local genealogy department at the local library. I know the library has a document I need to identify the attorney and they say it is in very fragile condition. I just can not wait to dive into the actual source and find the answers that I know are there! I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment